Bag Lady

Thursday 5 March 2015


Look at that gorgeous light streaming through and lighting up my pic. It was all lovely and sunshiny when I took that picture. Sunshine aka good light is wonderful for banishing wrinkles and under eye bags ..... in photos. If I could bottle that formula for real life wrinkles and eye bags - I would be stinking filthy rich!

Lovely lovely sunshine!


Anyway, have you noticed something? New bag!




Ganni Sweatshirt (old) (I also like this one though), Topshop Baxter Jeans, Forever21 Bag


I was in London last weekend for my annual bloggy meet and on the Sunday when I had some time to kill before I caught my train home, I thought I'd have a little mooch around the shops. So I came out of the Bond St tube station and there before me like a mystical apparition (missing a few angels and trumpets though) was a big Forever21 store. Happy clappy!

You see, I don't have a Forever21 store near me and I love looking in places like this to see if they have any gems. Last time I was in a store, I found my best ever grey tee and it was only £3. And it doesn't pill like the uber expensive Splendid one I bought a couple of years back which I have demoted yet again, this time from nightware to charity bag.

I spent an hour in their accessories department playing with various bits and pieces and it wasn't till the end when I came across this solitary green rucksack. I liked it as it was a little different because of the colour and it's definately a whole lot more happening than my Mini Cooper ruck sack which I share with George which I got free when I had a Mini. I also think if you were looking at similar bags in Topshop - I think they would be asking double what they ask for it in Forever 21. It's finished well too - the stitching is straight, the zips are done neatly and everything is as it should be. You know me - picky picky :)

And do you know what else? I didn't stash it away or wait a while before I started using it - I used it the day after I bought it and that almost never happens! Wonders will never cease!



16 comments

  1. I think Forever 21 ships to the UK as well! I have some cute F21 stuff that has survived several chothing cleanses and I love their inexpensive jewellery also...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do ship to the UK. I've ordered from them before. I know they do a fab range of jewellery - shame I'm just not a great lover of wearing jewellery. Like making it though :)

      Delete
  2. Sue you are looking fab, love your new jeans, Stan smiths and your new bag so subtle and stylish and very cool xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances - you're too kind. It's that magical sunlight which works wonders and makes everything look lovely! Such a shame we didn't get a chance to catch up this time - I'm sure there will be more times ahead!

      Delete
  3. I approve of your new bag very much. Forever21 is a treasure trove and it's even more reasonable when buying in dollars. They just have some great stuff at ridiculous prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like a student with it - not sure if that's a good thing or bad but hey I'm just going to go with it. I wish I'd had it a couple of years back when I needed a biggish bag for carrying most of my boys gumph in! And yes Forever21 - you go in and you think "nah" but there is the odd little thing in there - a bit like Primark and New Look. Seek and ye shall find!

      Delete
  4. Great bag, Sue. I love Eve's fringe one from Forever 21 too. It's obviously the place to buy bags at the moment! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve's bag is lovely - I don't recall spotting that in store. I wouldn't knock F21 actually on their accessories front. There were a few bags that I toyed with before coming away with the one I did. If anyone is on a budget and has a little patience - they have some quite well made bags in there with some very on trend details. I'm still holding out for another bag so I didn't go too mad.

      Delete
  5. I blame yesterday's bag purchase on you Sue.....when I came back from Sainsbury's yesterday my hubby said *What's that?*! I got the lips one....to go with my Uniqlo sweatshirt, I am so matchy-matchy! I am hoping for a little gander in Forever 21 next week as I have another little trip to London to look forward too so this bag and the one Eve has purchased are both on my radar now! ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were going to go for the lips one if you were going to get one! And another trip to London so soon - have fun. I'd make straight for the accessories if I were you!

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh so you did purchase, it was worth the late train Sue. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I didn't know where to start originally but I guess coming out of the tube station and F21 right there before me - it was a no brainer. I had a lovely mooch and the time went a lot quicker than I expected - I made sure that I got to the station with lots of time to spare - the last time I was in London, I missed my connecting train - eek!

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous bag! We have a Forever 21 in the Trafford Centre, and I usually bypass it to be honest, but it is pretty huge and may be worth a look next time I'm there. You've twisted my arm ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been to two F21 stores and apart from the London one last weekend, the Trafford centre is the other one. And I actually make it a point to step in to one - I just need to check them out before I move on.

      Delete
  8. You used it the *actual* next day! haha....clearly a great buy and I'm now gutted I didn't get a chance to look in the shops on Sunday. So great to see you again Sue - was a wonderful day. Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you looked like you were doing slightly more cultural things than me going by your Instagram on the Sunday. But yes, for once I used something straightaway. Almost unheard of! Lovely to catch up with you again Avril!

      Delete

Susie So So