Favourite Summer Outfit

Thursday 27 August 2015


I've decided that this is my favourite outfit this summer.



Primark Blouse, H&M Skirt, Park Lane Sandals, The Jacksons Bag


And to my surprise and to yours as well probably, I'm not wearing jeans! I wore this when I went to Scarborough and I felt good walking around in it. When everyone was going round in vest tops and shorts, I was breezing along in this swishing my skirt, feeling like I'd walked out of a Toast lookbook which I was more than a little happy about. I changed the matt silver sandals when I got to the beach for Havaianas and subsequently have the dodgy tan marks to show for it. The top is my old Primark one and is about eight years old and has served me so well. I'm worried that it's day might be up soon as I have worn it so much and am seriously considering thinking about trying to get a copy of it made. Yes I like it that much! And the bag - I'm still using this lots. It's such a good size for throwing  all manner of things in and the handles are long enough to wear on the shoulder. Yes, I was very happy and very comfortable in this outfit.

Even though it makes me look pregnant when a cheeky puff of wind sneaks up your top!

Happy days!


So what's been your favourite outfit this summer? 





14 comments

  1. Gorgeous outfit and I've discovered how cool skirts are this summer too and have loved my midi jersey skirt this summer. Who'd have thought - a skirt for me too!?! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's weird Avril - how did that happen that we chose a skirt over a pair of jeans! I certainly wouldn't have bet on that one!

      Delete
  2. You know my favourite Summer outfit has involved a skirt too! I've had quite a lot of wear out of my Zara a-line that I bought whilst on holiday in May but the outfit that sticks out the most for me was when I wore it with a Zara peasant style blouse (purchased at the same time!) and some Topshop Hasbeen homages! Hope the weather perks up a bit so I can wear it again! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too - a skirt! I don't think we would have seen that one coming would we Michelle? But I'm hoping for a little more summer yet. It's not really got here this year has it?

      Delete
  3. I'm still searching for the perfect skirt style - I know I couldn't pull this one off as well as you. And I'm still admiring your bag x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slim and short I would have thought for you and your Bambi legs! Whereas I like a bit more coverage as I have never been legs confident.

      Delete
  4. Rocking in the midi skirt Sue - totally fabulous and I can see why it's a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a few doubts as to whether I'd get my wear out of this skirt and whether it was going to be a keeper or not but I think I was right to grant it a stay of execution. This works in my wardrobe really well - it's denim coloured and that's always a winner.

      Delete
  5. Lovely. I have been mostly wearing jeans and a blue or white shirt. Zzzz. I have had 'time off' from all things fashion. I have let it pass me by. My credit card (and Husband) are most thankful. I fear the onset of the new season may have me fired up again and I may have made a tiny purchase, of the grey boot variety, in Jigsaw the other day. I blame my friend who actively encouraged me. Be afraid, credit card, be very afraid!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lived in a lot of shirts and jeans this summer but every now and then, I try to break out of the rut. But it's been good to bypass some of the fads actually and not feel too caught up in it all. When it comes to summer, you know what you feel good in and most of the clothes don't get too much hammer or show time so it's nice to drag out old favourites. But autumn brings new goodies in to the shops and I've just started looking too. Arghgh.

      Delete
  6. It does look fantastic, but I was very surprised your choice didn't involve jeans, Sue! That blouse is lovely. Very you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love love my blouse Lynne. One of my absolute favourite items and I'd love another one. Perfect shape, length and fit. I constantly look for a doppelgänger replacement.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous outfit Sue - I've been enjoying spotting your summer photos with the boys over on Insta.

    I had my Topshop binge earlier in the year so that's probably made up a lot of my wardrobe this summer - Keri x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one place I didn't go to this summer - Topshop. I'm getting lazy in my old age and the store in Leeds is quite large - I lose patience after the first two aisles. I need to get looking again though as you and so many of the other ladies have found such lovely gems in there this year!

      Delete

Susie So So