Yes, you read that correctly. I've got myself my winter coat. It's the first week of August and I've done my coat shopping for autumn/winter 2015. Pat on the back for me :o) And an extra pat on the back that I managed to make it a camel one.
Where's it from you may wonder? It's from Primark folks - the last place I expected to find a camel coat. It obviously didn't cost the earth and because of that it's 100% wool free :o) But despite that, it feels okay, looks okay and I'm happy enough to keep it. I don't imagine the fabric will wear fantastically (time will tell) but wasn't there a lovely looking camel coat from Zara a couple of years ago which cost substantially more and wore substantially badly and suffered from "pill-i-itis? I do believe there was!
And for half the price of the current Topshop offering which coincidentally is also 100% wool free, I think it holds it's own for £25.
Now let me tell you a few things :
- I'm wearing a size 10, it finishes on my knee and fits comfortably on the shoulders.
- The fit is a little slouchy on me which means that it allows for the all important jumper to be worn under it and the bonus is the sleeves are not cut too tight.
- I will have to alter the sleeves as they are a touch long on me but I've tucked them underneath for the benefit of these pics.
- It actually has three press stud fastenings. I know you can only see one. I whipped the other's off for a good reason as they finished at the wrong point on me and looked wrong - they made it more obvious that the coat was designed for someone a fraction taller.
- To get rid of the marks where the press studs have been, I steamed the fabric to bring up the pile on the fabric where it had previously been flattened. See if you can spot the marks (bet you can't).
- The material is quite light and soft and consequently, it has a more relaxed feel to it, I can wear this with more casual clothes which I couldn't do with the coat I found from M&S last year (here) which I had to return.
- This is definitely not a heavy duty keep you warm coat. That's what I have my parka for!
All that aside - it's not a bad little bargain! So nip down quickly to store if you fancy a little camel coat for a not too bad price. Besides which, they will probably be sold out by the second week of August!