Newbies

Wednesday 9 March 2016


This is short and sweet as I have to get back up a ladder to paint before the light goes. A few little neutral newbies have made it into So So Towers just lately and I thought I'd share.


1. Topshop Whipstitch Bag



I have black bags with gold hardware, I have black bags with silver hardware and now I have a black bag with no discernible hardware at all which makes it very useful to pair up with whatever I fancy.  I also know that some of you out there cringe at the thought of mixing your metals so this bag definitely sorts out that dilemma. This is going to be my little summer bag and fits a reasonable size purse in it with a little room to spare. I like the slightly kooky seventies vibe about it but is a bit edgier as it's black and not too neat looking. I'm thinking more Marant lace up detailing than Pocahontas.


2. ASOS Formula Leather Sandals



I always play the "Shall I or Shan't I?" game round about now with sandals. If I leave it too late some of the really good ones will have sold out by the time I've decided that I can't live another day without them. I've had these ASOS sandals in and out of my basket so many times but this time I hit the button as ASOS have 20% off this particular pair at the moment and £20 for these sandals is more than reasonable. I have to say I was super impressed with these when they arrived as they look so much more expensive than their low price point and are real leather. They also do a silver version here if you fancy a lighter more neutral look.


3. Zara Leather Messenger Bag



This almost killed me. I had to wait for my birthday till I could get my mitts on it as my friend was buying it for me. I had to wait a whole week till it was actually in my possession - sometimes a week is a very long time when you want something badly and it doesn't matter at all that I probably won't use it for another two months yet. So as you can tell - I love this little bag. And "little" is the operative word here. It's teeny weeny but it's so cute, I can overlook it's teeny weeny unpracticalness. And the metal hardware - again, it just gives it that little edge. A bit like the Kooples bags (seen here) which I also rather like. Oh and if you don't like the tan/taupe shade, there's also a black and a bluish version to chose from. 


So that's it. I'm back up that ladder now. I'm in spring cleaning mode. Sees ya later!





15 comments

  1. What can I say - you always find the best shoes! Enjoy your painting/spring cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still in the middle of the all the painting and spring cleaning. I'm a woman on a mission so apologies for the late reply!

      Delete
  2. I must confess I've been looking at sandals too, already. but there is a ton of snow outside my window and there's a good chance i might change my mind about what sandals i really want between now and whenever it all melts for good. so i'm trying to be good and stay put, for now.

    i get what you mean about that bag, when i saw the blue one i got that feeling...

    happy spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue bag is really sweet as well, infact I really struggled to choose between them all but I finally went with the tan. And I bought my first pair of sandals for the summer in January - it's never too early!

      Delete
  3. No wonder a week seemed a long time ..... that Zara bag is gorgeous!!! Ive been up ladders myself today, spring cleaning, embarrassed by the dust on top of our wardrobes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm weird like that, I wanted it for a while and was about to hit the button when my friend asked me what I wanted for my birthday. And then I had to wait. Oh the wait - I'm not very patient.

      Delete
  4. Oh Sue....love all of these new additions! I'm just pondering a new bag purchase, I've seen a lovely one in Mango.....you are #enabling me again! Also pondering sandals too just not quite ready to take the plunge yet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in total accessories mode at the moment - I'm looking at jewellery now! There's always something new to move on to isn't there? And it's March - get a move on with the sandals!

      Delete
  5. That little feather bag is just beautiful, and I love the black one too. I'm trying to convince myself I don't need any new sandals this year, having over-invested last Summer, but a pair of rose-gold Birks may be sitting in a virtual shopping basket somewhere in cyberspace, calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get a move on with those rose-gold Birks - they're selling out aren't they? #enabler

      Delete
  6. Sue you have made some fab choices here...That little feather bag has Susie So So written all over it...Just perfect for you, like it was designed with you in mind! Love the sandals, a great find, and as you always find some real corkers I'm off to do a little investigation!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know - you're pretty good at finding some high street gems too. Like your new H&M black and cream espadrilles - I went off in search for them straight away. I found them but alas, they didn't fit me well - they kept sloping off. I had the same problem with some leopard ones from a couple of years back. Gutted.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sue! Fabulous bags and perfect for Summer- great decision on the sandals too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to wearing them - they're a darned sight easier to put on then the Mango tie ankle sandals I got last year!

      Delete

Susie So So