Friday Five : 10 Feb 2017

Friday 10 February 2017


Hi Peeps! Fridays sure come round quickly don't they?


Friday Five (1 of 5) Hades Wool





I've been waiting to see which direction Hades Wool were going to go with their new collection of jumpers and it's finally arrived. It was always going to be a tough act to follow after the runaway success of their pop band ones from last season (well done you if you got one). However I still have this one problem - I can't wear a tee or jumper or sweatshirt which bears the name of something I know nothing about or weren't a fan of. So does this mean I have to add a new book to my reading list before I'm allowed a jumper? Probably. I don't want to find myself in that situation where someone goes "oh it's a great book that" and I just crawl under a stone and die a little. Probably doesn't matter anyway as the jumpers are selling out faster than I can read the book.  #onyourmarksgo


Friday Five (2 of 5) Pretty Top




I had to include this because I just love a pretty top. The Monsoon one doing the rounds at the moment is gorgeous but a little full on for me but this broderie style one means it's a little more daytime which suits me down to a tee. I also think it has a bit of an "Other Stories" vibe about it doesn't it? This is exactly the kind of top I love and resist because the high necklines usually garrotte me. But I'm a trier and I took it in to the changing room just to see if my luck was about to change and amazingly, it fitted and didn't strangle me and the sleeves weren't overly long. Oh and I found out when I got home, they also do it in white. #blackorwhite


Friday Five (3 of 5) Stuff That Works


I just couldn't bring myself to photograph a bottle of Dr Beckmans
so I've put up a picture of a stain free rug and a cat and child instead. 


The big boy had a nose bleed and managed to get to the bathroom with the carpets relatively unscathed bar one big drop. Boy that's annoying. I did a quick wipe of it with a wet wipe which looked okay at the time but when it dried, it was clearly still there. The hubs found the Dr Beckmans Carpet Stain Remover that I picked up in Aldi during one of their recent spring cleaning week offers and had a go at the offending mark. "This stuff is seriously good" the hubs told me. "The stain was disappearing before my very eyes" he said. "I didn't have to even scrub it", "It's amaze balls!" Well maybe he didn't say "amaze balls" but he was pretty impressed. So just incase you have some stubborn marks on your carpet - give it a go. #stainwhatstain


Friday Five (4 of 5) Maranting Around




I still have a bit of a soft spot for Isabel Marant stuff. It's one of the few designers I take a look at when the new season stuff comes in. However it's usually quite easy to find a replica or a homage on the high street if you have a little snoop around. I spotted the above scarf in M&S which bears more than a passing resemblance to the Marant Clemence scarf. I have to try scarves on to get the measure of them and see how they tie, if they drape well or if they are going to give you a hard time and be awkward beggars. The one below is a good one as it's a good size, soft (but not too floppy) and also square in shape which makes it easy to fold in to a triangle shape to drape super nonchalantly like the French girls do! I have one similar but I struggle with tying it - this is my replacement.  #goodscarf




Friday Five (5 of 5) Peg Board




George has a birthday party to go to tomorrow and I don't know about you but by the time they get to the age of 8 and over, it all gets a little tricky as to what to buy them. Well going against the grain of the traditional boys presents whatever they may be, I've bought the birthday boy a peg board. I thought it could be quite interesting to see what little gems, 8 year old boys could come up with on a daily basis. It will probably be something like "poo smell bum". We are talking 8 year old boys here. Oh and I believe they are quite popular if you've been looking at the housey IG accounts recently. #poosmellbum


Have a good weekend y'all! x



1 comment

  1. re: the New Look top, white! I'm just about to order it with the 30% off deal that popped up on their website. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Susie So So